News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Project X: New Spawn

Started by LeonDaMundt, June 27, 2013, 07:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeonDaMundt

Hello guys, sorry for being so much in-active in the server, Triicky and I have been working on an amazing project and we call it Project X.

Yes, the topic is true we're making a new spawn for the server. It'll be much more bigger and much more beautiful. Although the current spawn itself is a master-piece, we tend to make it more beautiful. These are somethings we will include.

Pvp Arena

Rules

Donating In-formation

Spawn Jail

And many more...

Statues Of Trusted And Admins!

This is just a spoiler of the real thing, although Triicky told me not to, I just wanted to show you a guys a small spoiler.

Hope you guys like it:

Screenshots

I had to lower the resolution a bit, due to the size.

Here is the trailer Triicky made.
Spawn Example Trailer.

Note: This is not even half of the spawn neither it's features, please don't comment that it's small, it's just to show you guys what we're working on, and hopefully make it our new spawn.

Server open you can check the spawn out yourself:

Zlexy

Ok, it looks nice and everything but who said we are making a new spawn as of now?
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: Zlexy on June 27, 2013, 08:41:07 AM
Ok, it looks nice and everything but who said we are making a new spawn as of now?
We asked Kai and he allowed us to make it, not me Triicky did, he can send the chat log if you want.

Zlexy

Yes, but you do realize this might not be considered as a contender for spawn.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: Zlexy on June 27, 2013, 08:47:16 AM
Yes, but you do realize this might not be considered as a contender for spawn.
How come? What's wrong with it?

Zlexy

Nothing is 'wrong' with it, however Kai wants a specific thing done with spawn and it will be a staff project most likely. Feel free to build that one, but Kai will probably assign this to a staff project.

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: Zlexy on June 27, 2013, 08:52:50 AM
Nothing is 'wrong' with it, however Kai wants a specific thing done with spawn and it will be a staff project most likely. Feel free to build that one, but Kai will probably assign this to a staff project.

Thank you for the permission, we already showed him the spawn and he seems ok with it, I'll try showing you the log but can't right now. And we do have Triicky (Staff) working on this.

Zlexy

I don't care about a log haha, all I'm saying is be careful because your work might mean nothing when it comes down to it. It'll probably be a staff decision on what is done with spawn at the end of the day, and Triicky and you will not outnumber the other staff if they choose to build a new one and ignore yours. But definitely, continue building if you wish. It looks great

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: Zlexy on June 27, 2013, 08:58:08 AM
I don't care about a log haha, all I'm saying is be careful because your work might mean nothing when it comes down to it. It'll probably be a staff decision on what is done with spawn at the end of the day, and Triicky and you will not outnumber the other staff if they choose to build a new one and ignore yours. But definitely, continue building if you wish. It looks great
Thank you! Wish the staff see it your way! I really wish to see this build in the server as it is bigger and contains much more information than the old spawn concerning many points regarding the server! I wish the staff also support this spawn. Oh and also, if any staff or anyone wants to see the spawn in progress, I'll be glad to give them the ip so they can see it. It's 95% complete and we will be a giving a trailer of the spawn by Triicky and also I'll be glad to show some screenshots and also show you the things we will have in it. I wish this is accepted, and this becomes our spawn! Anyone is free to express their views but it'll be better if you can wait until we officially finish it and make one more topic! Thanks Zlexy!

Smoove

Personally i think the current spawn is fine..

Kempis

Quote from: Smoove on June 27, 2013, 11:21:22 AM
Personally i think the current spawn is fine..
Here Here!
The spawn right now is great, although, it does tend to lag me a bit. Other than that, our spawn right now is already good. its better than all the other spawns I've seen - and I've seen quite a lot!

LeonDaMundt

Guys, we are making the spawn really nice reasons, all the server spawns in any server you can play are good, but it's better if you change. Why? Well, the first thing is that our spawn over here, has a little bit more modern approach than the current one. And right now, the huge glass ball has also killed kaise's statue and has completely ruined the outlook of the spawn  :'( , and also, some days ago I was playing KCv2 on my friend's computer and it was working pretty fine, but when I went to the spawn, it lagged tremendously, so just as a test, I went to the server in which we are building the spawn (my own server), there was no lag at all. The lag in the mall is explanatory due to the fact of the display items, but the spawn shouldn't lag at all. We've also included a huge amount if information about donating, the ranks and other useful things to get a new player started. The portal really looks nice, and Triicky and I have made a jail which is suitable for jailing 5-6 guys at once. A pvp arena which really looks nice. No server "needs" a spawn in any moment unless they originally don't have one. But if you have a better spawn, it'll be good for you to change. For example; if you have the iPhone4 and the iPhone5 is released and you have the time and resources to upgrade it and really like it, but don't really need it. You should still try buying it. Yeah, this is a weird example but you should try understanding the concept I'm wanting to deliever you. This spawn is more informative, and looks a bit nicer than the current spawn. No to mention, the sphere ruining the current spawn.

Kempis

Wouldn't that mean you have to build your spawn all over again in kaise's server? Would waste lots of time...
And for that example u pulled out, I've still got the "ancient" IPhone 3G, and I can't be bothered to get a new one. Why? Because its not broken or malfunctioning in any kind of way. Same with the spawn; there is nothing wrong with the current one, so why a new one?
You could be patient and just wait for the current spawn to "fall apart", and then you could submit your spawn designs..

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: Ranemist on June 27, 2013, 08:37:24 PM
Wouldn't that mean you have to build your spawn all over again in kaise's server? Would waste lots of time...
And for that example u pulled out, I've still got the "ancient" IPhone 3G, and I can't be bothered to get a new one. Why? Because its not broken or malfunctioning in any kind of way. Same with the spawn; there is nothing wrong with the current one, so why a new one?
You could be patient and just wait for the current spawn to "fall apart", and then you could submit your spawn designs..
No we don't have to build the new spawn again.

And no spawn falls apart, it's good to have a change and this spawn has a lot of information in it and looks better, then why not? And it won't lag everyone who goes there.

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: Ranemist on June 27, 2013, 09:02:33 PM
Quote from: LeonMundt (Gunner) on June 27, 2013, 08:51:13 PM
Quote from: Ranemist on June 27, 2013, 08:37:24 PM
No we don't have to build the new spawn again.

And no spawn falls apart, it's good to have a change and this spawn has a lot of information in it and looks better, then why not? And it won't lag everyone who goes there.

If it does lag surprisingly more than this spawn which is merely impossible, it still can be reversed back.
And how would you know that?
The spawn doesn't lag on "your" server, but what do you think will happen when you create your spawn on kaise's server? It may cause lag. I used to have my own server and forum, and a player suggested something similar to your idea, and it completely corrupted my server. This is why im starting again on making a server. I know this isn't my business, and I'm in staff either, but I don't want that happening to this server. This server is too good to go down.