News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Wither Skeleton Spawners

Started by Sarrathos, July 03, 2013, 05:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarrathos

I'm not certain as to whether or not this topic has been discussed before, but why are wither skeleton spawners not available? I originally encountered this problem when trying to get spawners from Diion_Beyer, who said that it was about the only mob he was unable to get a spawner for. Barompsycho was also unable to spawn them. I originally thought that it was to stop people from having a large supply of wither skeletons, as that would also provide a large amount of withers. However, than i discovered that there was a spawner for the wither himself. So, i'm here asking now, what is the reason for not having wither skeleton spawners? Is it not possible to make a spawner for them? Is it just something that was overlooked? If it is the second, then can the addition of wither skeleton spawners plz be considered? Thank you for taking the time to read.

doctorthrax

Maybe it's because wither skeletons are mostly 'used' to get their heads so you can make a wither. So to skip it, you can just use a wither spawner. Why did you want a wither skeleton spawner?

Sarrathos

i already said that there is a wither spawner, meaning there is no real purpose to use the wither skeleton spawner for the heads when you can just use the wither spawner to begin with except that you might want to do it in a lot of different locations. Either way, wither skulls can be bought anyway, so it's not like it's even hard to get them. I want a wither skeleton spawner for a couple of reasons, the heads would only be a little bonus. I want them for the coal, for their bones, and also there is a 15% chance that when a wither skeleton is supposed to spawn, a normal skeleton will spawn instead. This means i'd even get several leftover arrows from this. It means that i can generally expect to get 4 types of items as opposed to two types. rather than just getting bones and arrows, i'll generally get those as well as coal and skulls.

xdinox

Quote from: Sarrathos on July 03, 2013, 05:06:26 AM
I'm not certain as to whether or not this topic has been discussed before, but why are wither skeleton spawners not available? I originally encountered this problem when trying to get spawners from Diion_Beyer, who said that it was about the only mob he was unable to get a spawner for. Barompsycho was also unable to spawn them. I originally thought that it was to stop people from having a large supply of wither skeletons, as that would also provide a large amount of withers. However, than i discovered that there was a spawner for the wither himself. So, i'm here asking now, what is the reason for not having wither skeleton spawners? Is it not possible to make a spawner for them? Is it just something that was overlooked? If it is the second, then can the addition of wither skeleton spawners plz be considered? Thank you for taking the time to read.
wither skeleton spawners are probably not available due to the fact that they share the exact same savegame id with the normal skeleton and thus are in a way the same exact thing. you can observe this by playing single player, you will notice that there are no wither skeleton mob eggs, and the only way to spawn one in an unmodded client is to go to the nether and use a skeleton egg
Madness? This is MINECRAFT!!!

Sarrathos

The how about this. would it be possible to modify the spawner for a certain circumstance? For instance, does this server have a skeleton spawner that would spawn wither skeletons in the nether? if it does, then an area in the overworld can be turned into the nether biome, meaning that the skeletons would spawn as wither skeletons with a 15% chance of spawning as normal skeletons.

xdinox

Quote from: Sarrathos on July 03, 2013, 11:47:07 PM
The how about this. would it be possible to modify the spawner for a certain circumstance? For instance, does this server have a skeleton spawner that would spawn wither skeletons in the nether? if it does, then an area in the overworld can be turned into the nether biome, meaning that the skeletons would spawn as wither skeletons with a 15% chance of spawning as normal skeletons.
skeleton spawners would naturally spawn wither skeletons in the nether but it has to be the nether dimension not the nether biome so if you change a certain area's biome in the overworld into a nether biome(hell biome in code) and place a skeleton spawner it will only spawn normal skeletons and modifying spawners can only change to be what entity it will spawn, unless you use mcedit but that's too much of a hassle for a spawner since it requires the server to be shut down while in use, also since spawners use the id of entities to know what entity it should spawn you cant modify it to only spawn wither skeletons since skeleton and wither skeleton ids are the same, again this can be done with mcedit but as i said before its too much of a hassle

P.S.
wither(the 3 headed flying one) spawners don't work along with enderdragon spawners and giant spawners
Madness? This is MINECRAFT!!!

Kaise123

Quote from: xdinox on July 04, 2013, 07:02:10 PM
Quote from: Sarrathos on July 03, 2013, 11:47:07 PM
skeleton spawners would naturally spawn wither skeletons in the nether but it has to be the nether dimension not the nether biome so if you change a certain area's biome in the overworld into a nether biome(hell biome in code) and place a skeleton spawner it will only spawn normal skeletons and modifying spawners can only change to be what entity it will spawn, unless you use mcedit but that's too much of a hassle for a spawner since it requires the server to be shut down while in use, also since spawners use the id of entities to know what entity it should spawn you cant modify it to only spawn wither skeletons since skeleton and wither skeleton ids are the same, again this can be done with mcedit but as i said before its too much of a hassle

P.S.
wither(the 3 headed flying one) spawners don't work along with enderdragon spawners and giant spawners

+1 to that, sorry. There is no individual spawner available in the game at all (This is a limit of Minecraft itself) for Wither Skeletons. You'll just have to make a little base in the nether :P
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

raperv26

Actually, Wither Skeletons have a really, really, REALLY small chance of spawning in the nether, so building a base in the nether will be useless unless you actually know where and when they will spawn.

Sarrathos

Rap, i think he means to build a base in the nether and then put a skeleton spawner there, because then they will spawn as wither skeletons (most of the time anyway. I think there's a 15% chance of them spawning as skeleton). Anyway, thank you guys for clearing all of this up. I guess I'll just settle for a nether base for now then.